Tuesday 24 April 2012

Well, here goes...

Some friends thought it would a good idea for me to start a blog. Somewhere where I can let it all out and maybe someone somewhere would read it and we could share thoughts and opinions. Or just vent. Whichever, and not necessarily in that order too. 

But it's not that easy. Just as it wasn't that easy for me to tell my family - that I'm mentally ill. In fact, my parents are still unaware, bless them. Only my siblings know. It's not like you go: Hi, my name is X and I'm mentally ill. You don't go up to your friends and say, guess what, I've been diagnosed as clinically depressed.

I suppose you could try sitting people down and saying you have something important to tell them. But that just makes it sound as if you were dying of a chronic disease, which you're not. So how do you do it?

There's never a right time to tell someone something, is there? Like there's never the right time to tell someone you're madly in love with them, or that you hate them and you're leaving. You just have to pick a moment. So this is the moment I picked to share on this blog:

I SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION

No comments:

Post a Comment